Car Storage Space in Fort Worth: 5 Questions Every Collector Car Owner Should Ask Before Leasing
Fort Worth, TX– July 24, 2018 – Not all collector cars are created equal, and neither are car storage facilities. One local car collector and auto storage expert shared five questions he recommends every car collector ask before storing a collector car.
Not everyone can afford professional collector car storage services, said Ron Sturgeon, longtime car collector and owner of Fort Worth Car Storage. In that case, at a minimum, an antique or exotic car can be covered and kept in a home garage or under a carport.
For those who do have the means to pay for professional storage services, Sturgeon advises car collectors to research local garages that store collector cars. He recommends asking these five questions when researching options for car storage:
- Is the car storage facility clean and climate controlled? Ask if the garage is insulated and air conditioned and/or heated, protecting a collector car from extreme temperatures, humidity, and severe weather. Also find a way to determine if the facility is clean. You will likely want to visit to check.
- Is the garage secure? What measures does the indoor car storage facility take to secure vehicles? Do they have an alarm system and 24/7/365 video monitoring? Do they control access to the facility? Make sure the facility you choose has a reputation for keeping the cars under its watch safe and secure.
- What are the specialties of the car storage facility? Whether a car is an antique, an exotic car, or another type of vehicle requiring storage, each type of car may have different storage requirements. Does the facility specialize in long-term car storage for classic muscle cars, show cars and other vehicles that don’t see the light of day often? Does it accommodate unusually-sized vehicles that don’t fit in a home garage?
- What services do they provide? Every garage offers a different menu of services to their customers. Ask: Will they top off your fuel tank to keep damaging moisture from accumulating in a half-full tank? Do they keep your car under a fitted cover? Do they remove the battery and put it on a trickle charge? Do they offer multi-storage discounts? Do they offer any additional services, such as onsite washing, waxing and detailing? Whatever your needs, ask the facility’s customer service representatives about the range of services offered so you can ensure that the options you need are available to you.
- Will I be able to easily access my vehicle? Some facilities have hours limited to the work week, while others offer access to your vehicle 24/7, with after-hours availability by appointment. You never know when you will want to access your car, so make sure you choose a facility that allows you to access your car when you think you will want it. In addition, make sure you know whether you want short- or long-term storage so you can make sure the garage you choose to store your classic car can accommodate your needs.
“In the end, finding the right storage facility for your collector car comes down to doing your homework,” Sturgeon said. “Make sure the car storage facility you choose is right for your priceless investments and you won’t have any regrets.”
About Ron Sturgeon
Ron Sturgeon, owner of Fort Worth Car Storage and Blue Mound 287 Self Storage, has been featured on CNBC’s Blue Collar Millionairesprogram for his success in the auto salvage business. He is the author of eight published books and a serial entrepreneur whose recent projects include developing a shipping container business park in Fort Worth’s newest design district.
About Fort Worth Car Storage
Fort Worth Car Storage offers climate-controlled car storage in a secure facility in the heart of North Fort Worth, where the company has been storing automobiles for more than 30 years. Services include indoor car storage, collector car storage, long-term car storage and discounted storage of vehicles for deployed members of the armed services on active duty. Learn more about military car storage at Fort Worth Car Storage by visiting FortWorthCarStorage.com or by calling (817) 999-0980.