Long term auto storage consists of a bit more than simply signing a lease and dropping off your car. Long term auto storage can actually be harmful and damaging to your vehicle if you are not aware of the potential downfalls and protect against them. Call us at (817) 999-0980 for more information after you read this article. We are Fort Worth Car Storage, with thirty years in this business, thirty years of experience and accumulated knowledge.
The problems with long term car storage
It is all very logical, but also something most people do not think about. Your car is a working machine. It’s internal parts are meant to be active. It’s engine works best when running. These are truths we all accept, and yet it is amazing how many people do not think of these things when it comes time to store that car for a prolonged period of time. Three, four, five months of inactivity can be damaging to your car or truck. The engine fluids can become gummy and dirty from inactivity. The tires can lose air and form flat spots. Oxidation can form and your paint job and other surfaces can suffer damage.
And what about insurance against damage while in storage?
Listen! If you care enough about your vehicle that you are paying for long term car storage instead of counting on your Cousin Jimmy to take care of it, then you really need to pay close attention to this checklist.
Precautions to take before putting your car in storage.
- Let’s start with insurance . . . check with your insurance company and ask about insurance fro the storage facility company.
- Fill all fluid to its suggested level . . . oil, transmissions, brake, coolant
- Top off your gas tank
- Clean the interior of your vehicle
- Clean the exterior of your vehicle
- Get a car cover
- For longer than three months, buy car jacks for your car to sit on
- For an expensive car, insist you rent a climate controlled car storage unit
- Find out what happens if you need to extend your lease agreement while you are gone
- Check with Better Business Bureau and local Chamber of Commerce for reviews about the car storage facility
And then you can sign the lease knowing you have done your due diligence!
About Fort Worth Car Storage
There are three things you need to know about Fort Worth Car Storage:
- We are locally owned and operated, meaning we care about our neighbors
- We have been in this business for over thirty years. We know auto storage inside and out
- Our owner, Ron Sturgeon, is a car collector. He has made his business a collector car storage facility, with the best in security and service. You get the biggest bang for your buck from Fort Worth Car Storage.
Add it all up and there is only one conclusion you can come to: for the very best in car storage, Fort Worth Car Storage is the name to remember! Give us a call for our rates and for any questions you might have about long term auto storage Tarrant County or anywhere in the U.S.